sexta-feira, 4 de junho de 2010

I heart fonts- a really really really random post

It's true, I really do. It might be weird, but I just love choosing and skimming through each font one by one. Each font emits a style, a theme, maybe even an idea. They set a design for your text, so it can visually and literally have meaning.

There are the serious ones like Times New Roman, Century, Arial. They are printed on newspapers, school work, business proposals...


Then come the 'cute' fonts that elementary teachers and invitations use and abuse: Comic Sans MS, Courier New, Broadway. They leave you with a smile.


Then there's the really random ones with the symbols. I mean, maybe I just don't know their use, but really, what are they for? Does anyone use Webdings, Windings, or MT Extra?


***A song to go along with the post**8

*******************************
Fonts are handwriting of the 21st century. My handwriting sucks in real life- sometimes even I can't understand it. That's probably why I love fonts, because I can choose to have any handwriting I desire. I can even have ones that look like handwriting, for instance Monotype Cursiva, Lucida Handwriting, Bradley Hand ITC, Maiandra GD...


Now writing software has brought us handwriting freedom. (This is turning out to be a really really really random post) "No more calligraphy classes kids- go to Word and you can have any font you want!"

What are the effects going to be? Hmmm possibly uglier handwriting than mine?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário