sábado, 29 de maio de 2010

Hmm how good it is to fall in love

Don't you just love it when you discover an awesome song? The kind of song that stirs your heart around or gets you psyched or touches you in that 'beautiful' sort of cliche way that you hate to admit...

For me, after I discover the song, I listen to it over and over again. I learn to play it on the guitar or the piano and possibly both if appropriate. I hum it everywhere, sing it in my shower, and basically live, breathe, and smile through that song. I fall in love <3 Unfortunately, like falling in love with a person, there comes a time for a reality check. You end the phase of platonic love and come to your senses. You notice that song is not that amazing and, honestly, you get you sick of it. It's time to move on. It might take time. But one day when you least expect it, you find a new one. A new amazing song to fall in love. For some it takes more time than others, but don't worry, either by luck or destiny,(whichever you believe)you'll listen to it and fall in love once again. It's a vicious cycle.

My current love is Swing by Zero 7. It was love at first listen. I was listening to 88.9 WERS FM Boston and just like that it played. The introduction with the smoky keyboard and the xylophone took me away to a land of gumdrops and playing in the rain. Yes, I know it's a wild association, but songs are really subjective- everyone has there own associations and imaginations.

So here is the crucial moment where I introduce my new love. Hope you like it=)
And if not,no worries because there will be many more to come.

Um comentário:

  1. I like the song, I like the recipe, I like that you are writing! Keep it up, girl!!

    ResponderExcluir